Location: 101C, 133 W 21st Street.
Monday, September 28, 6:30 PM, free and open to the public.
BFA Visual & Critical Studies is pleased to present a talk with artist José Parlá. Parlá will speak about his personal history and education, his influences, and how these have led to his more recent projects, including a mural at One World Trade Center, his participation at the Havana Biennial in Cuba, and his current shows opening in September at Bryce Wolkowitz Gallery and Mary Boone Gallery. The evening will end with a brief Q&A.
For more about José Parlá, see the following links:
- • José Parlá (artist website)
- • José Parlá Studio (Facebook)
- • VIDEO: In the Studio With José Parlá (Kristen Boatright, BlouinArtinfo, October 01, 2014)
- • José Parlá to Bring Sculptural Paintings to the High Line (Hilarie M. Sheets, The New York Times, July 23, 2015)
- • A Look at José Parlá’s Dual Shows in Manhattan (Julia L. Belcove, Architectural Digest, July 31, 2015)