SVA in Rome is a unique semester-long study abroad program where participants live and study in the heart of the Eternal city, fully immersed in Italian culture, language and the arts. Studio and humanities classes are supplemented with daily site visits, field trips, guest lectures, and workshops that give students the opportunity to experiment in a variety of media and explore and discover the city and its art scene.
SVA in Rome is still accepting applications for spring 2016!
The following application requirements must be submitted prior to the desired spring semester in Rome. Only SVA Undergraduate students may apply.
1. Online Application
2. 15-20 piece portfolio*
3. Letter of Motivation*
4. Resume / Artist’s Statement / Artist’s CV*
5. One letter of recommendation from an SVA Instructor e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Official Transcript from SVA Registrar’s Office
7. Photocopy or scan of passport’s first page
* These items should be submitted at sva.slideroom.com to the SVA in Rome program
All other items should be submitted in person or via e-mail to:
Office of Admissions
School of Visual Arts
209 East 23 Street
New York, NY 10010